There is no better way to royally experience the castles of the Loire Valley (two hours from Paris) than as guests at exclusive Chateau Hotel de la Barre, home to the family of Count and Countess de Vanssay for more than 610 years. This luxury chateau hotel is the epitome of French elegance, with its 100 acre private park, its romantic gardens surrounded by XVIth century fortifications, its family chapel, and magnificent collection of antiques, oil paintings and tapestries.
Food and wine come first when it comes to staying at the castles of the Loire Valley (two hours from Paris) at the exclusive Chateau Hotel de la Barre, home to the family of Count and Countess de Vanssay for more than 610 years. This luxury chateau hotel is the epitome of French elegance, with its 100 acre private park, its romantic gardens surrounded by XVIth century fortifications, its family chapel, and magnificent collection of antiques, oil paintings and tapestries.
Each room is individualized and is graced with valuable antiques, family portraits and oil paintings, designer fabrics, beautifully adorned chandeliers, grand fireplaces and Versailles parquet floors. Your visit to this luxury chateau will combine the refinement, authenticity and understated luxury of a private chateau with all the essential modern comforts of a boutique hotel. Twice a week, elegant dinners are hosted. The wine cellar is home to 170 different french wines.
Comte & Comtesse de Vanssay (she Anglo-American, he 20th generation unbroken lineage at his family chateau since 1404) personally welcome you to Château de la Barre and will help you to discover the Loire Valley’s Chateaux in the most memorable way.
Discover the secrets of French cooking with saffron, cultivated in France since the 13th century. Their renowned chef who will teach you some refined recipes. Then enjoy your own tasty creation on the chateau terrace or by the XIVth century fireplace, with a selected wine from the private cellar of Comte de Vanssay.
• VIP welcome by owners, Count and Countess de Vanssay followed by tea and coffee and drinks taken with our guests, as we would with friends, time during which we also share with them lots of hidden gems and tips for their sightseeing.
• Upgrade on arrival, subject to availability
• Daily full breakfast, for up to two in room guests, served in the restaurant (there is a surcharge for breakfast served prior to 8am)
• Fresh flowers from the fragrant chateau garden
• Daily afternoon tea
• A voucher for wine tasting at local troglodyte winery nearby
• A private visit of the chateau with the Count de Vanssay
• For Stays of 3 or more nights: the amenities above, plus: An elegant gift hamper of local products in their room plus the opportunity to enjoy a hosted Grand Siecle dinner in our XVIIth century dining room with family silver and crystal. (dinner available at a discounted rate)
• For stays of 4 nights or more: the amenities above plus: A complementary cheese plater with a glass of wine served by the monumental XIVth century fireplace on one of the nights
• Early check-in/late check-out, subject to availability
• Complimentary Wi-Fi
From AUD $2100 for 4 nights accommodation including breakfast